BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Awaken



Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
-Psalm 51:7

Seek first the kingdom of heaven and all these things shall be added unto you.
-Matthew 6:33

My beloved speaks and says to me: "Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away."
-Song of Solomon 2:10

My heart has been overwhelmed to the inner depths lately. I am drawn inward to the heart of God. He's been speaking to me about the beauty that is found in intimacy. He's been whispering to me and has been awakening me from this sleep that I've been in. Honestly, it's been a season of drought and a time in the desert, but now he's been tenderly calling me out of the wilderness. It's a beautiful place. A picture that I get is a child in their bed on a spring day and a Father who comes in and opens the windows. The cool breeze touches her cheeks and she is reminded once again of whose she is. I feel like this is how it is for all of us. God wants to awaken us and see that He alone is the chief desire. So many times, I fall short of living as I would want and so I come to Jesus again and say: Have your way. Fling wide, the door to my soul. Open up the door to my heart. It is Him that I desire and Him alone that can satisfy. Let Him satisfy you completely today!

0 comments: