BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 5, 2010

Steadfast Hearts



I wanna take Your word and shine it all around.
First, help me just to live it, Lord.
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown.
For my reward is giving glory to You.
-Melody Greene

I often ask others and try to ask myself: "How's your heart?" It's a word of wisdom that was spoken to me many years ago to "keep me in check" and I've never forgotten it. Honestly, my life has been filled with numerous commitments lately and I find myself frequently "coming up for air." But all the while, it's been good. I really feel like I can relate to David when he said to the Lord: My heart is steadfast, O God; my heart is steadfast! (Psalm 57:7). Through all the waiting and the yearning of my heart, it remains steadfast--locked in the gaze of my Jesus. Honestly, it is because of His grace that I'm able to be in such a place. Beautiful, Jesus! I ask you to take a firm look at the heart of God. Stay there until you've received a fresh look from Him. May His gaze never become stale or commonplace. May it be what you hunger and desire. So many times, I can find myself trying to figure life out all on my own. But God never intended for me to go into it alone. He intended for me to be in constant fellowship with Him. One thing that He mentioned to me the other day was this: When you're resting in me, you're not striving. When you're not striving, you're trusting. Therefore, resting=trusting. When we rest in the shadow of the Most High, we find our strength. When we rest, we are able to FLY! So...I'm learning what it means to be steadfast in the Lord. It is a steady beat that I take now. I have many thoughts and desires deep within me, but it's as if the Lord is saying...Shhh, my beloved. Rest in me. Trust in me. Stay steadfast. I will direct your steps and lead you accordingly. When you remain there, you find your strength. I am your focus. Wait for the time of exposure. Wait for it.
And so...my heart waits in expectancy and is steadfast towards the Lord. May yours be the same.
You will never understand who you are until you understand who God is.
-Billy Graham

0 comments: