BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dance. Sing. Live.

Carpe Diem! Sieze the day! This is the first day of the rest of your life! These are sayings that we hear all the time, but rarely apply into our day-to-day lives. I can personally attest to this. There are numerous things that I want to accomplish and somehow, even though I've done numerous things that would qualify me as seizing the day, I can't say that I've jumped on board every second. 


I started thinking about this last night around 9 p.m. I came out of the grocery store to see the most passionate and heartbreaking sunset that I've ever seen. The air was thick with a wet heat that wouldn't seem to break, even at 9 p.m. All the same, the temperature didn't keep me from halting and being overwhelmed and thankful for such a beautiful piece of artwork strewn across the sky. I then started to hear my Papa say: I've created this just for you. Right now. This very moment, so that you would know how much I love you--how proud I am of you. Drink in my goodness. Well, I stopped and drank it in. It was a wonderful reminder to close the day with. 


I was reminded of this "Carpe Diem" frame of mind as I opened up my store this morning. I turned on the music and my body began to respond by dancing. And this has continued up until this point...dance, dance, dance. So--why don't we seize our days more? Dance. Sing. Live the life you've always dreamed of! Be blessed because you are--so very blessed! 


0 comments: