BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Worship in spirit and truth...

Over the course of the past year, my heart has started to become lovesick for living a life of worship. Worship is a word that many place in context with music or church, but it's so much more than that. Jesus says that we are to be "worshipers in spirit and truth" and that "the Father is seeking such people to worship him" (John 4:23). This means that every facet of our lives should be oozing out as an act of worship to our God. It means that our attitudes, our responses to circumstances, our thoughts, and every ounce of who we are is to be a love response (worship) to God. And in contrast, when we sin, we fail to worship.

That being said, my heart has been chewing on this truth and hungers to be a worshiper of Jesus in spirit and in truth. I want my life to proclaim that I am a worshiper of Jesus--regardless of my circumstance. My heart wants to beat for One alone and to worship him with every ounce of my being. Next to this, my heart hungers for the Church to desire this as well. I long for us to want Jesus more than we want anything else and for our lives to spill out a life of a love sacrifice to the One we love the most.

And I know firsthand, that this isn't an easy task. My flesh so often gets in the way of living out a life of love and worship. But, I know that I am not meant to be discouraged in this, but encouraged that the Giver of Life is leading and guiding me along--having me evermore dependent upon him so that I may worship in spirit and truth. So--worship him. He's waiting for you. He's longing for you to give your heart and your all to him. Bless you and join in this prayer of worship below...

In Him alone,
Hellen :) <><

0 comments: