BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 1, 2008

Beautiful

This past weekend, I was hanging out with my family at our mountain home in northern Georgia when something remarkable began to occur in my heart. I was able to look around and see how truly thankful I am for them, for their hearts, for their courage, words of wisdom, and little idiosyncrycies that make them who they are. I think oftentimes, we have too high or too low an expectation of people--especially our families. But it's amazing because Jesus never had too high or too low of an expectation of us. He saw what we could be in Him, but he also meets us right where we are and there is something so beautiful about this. So, I must confess that I am captured by beauty. I'm overtaken by the goodness all around me and that in the midst of everything that's going on around me, I am caught in a moment of beauty! There is this song by Taylor Swift that I'm kissed by: Love Song. It captures my heart because it speaks of the pursuit of the LOVER (Jesus) of our souls. It depicts beauty and today--it was a bit of beauty that I caught.


I said, "Romeo, save me. I've been feeling so alone. I keep waiting for you, but you never come. Is this in my head? I don't know what to think." 
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said, "Marry me, Juliet. You'll never have to be alone. I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your Dad, go pick out a white dress. It's a love story, just say yes."

Breathe today in and take in all of life. It's beautiful!

Hellen :) <><

0 comments: