BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reflecting...



We express what we really believe--our most serious convictions and deeply held beliefs--in the choices we make about how to live. We can talk all day about what we believe, but it is what we do, what we act upon, that tells the real story.
-Phil Carlson

Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. -John 13:34

Through the events that have occurred in my life this past week, my heart has called me to sit back and reflect on what is most important. And honestly--I'm continually coming back to this conclusion: to love boldly, outrageously, and wholeheartedly. To hold nothing back. To allow myself to be completely exposed for all the world to see and then to share life. To enjoy life--even the smallest of things. I believe that each one of us is created to worship God with every ounce of our being. The pictures posted above are moments of just this--times of worship.
The first picture was taken during a quick weekend trip to Fripp Island beach in South Carolina. My dear friend, Stephanie, and I seized the opportunity of sunshine and fresh air and dove into a few days at the beach. The 2 days that we spent together were all about conquering our fears. Stephanie conquered her fear of riding bikes and I took a risk in letting Steph into more of my heart. A deeper level of friendship occurred during that weekend. It was as if our Papa was saying to us: Take a chance with me. There are new treasures and discoveries with me at every turn. Soak in my love. Soak in me and know that I am the One who longs for you more than you know.
The second picture is 3 of my dear friends who held the backseat of my car for our 7 hour trip to North Carolina this past December. It was a blessed time of fellowship. We learned the little things about one another during this time and God gave me a glimpse of his heart for family. I could see the uniqueness in each individual and our many differences, but the common thread that ran through each of us--we were God's kids. We loved him and were touched by him and it was he that we now lived for. What a beautiful time between friends! When we allow others into our hearts, we take a chance and a risk. But the vulnerability shared with each other brings about the trust to love more deeply than we could ever have imagined!
Lastly, the final picture is one taken at the beach. I am continually captured by light and how it hits objects. I sensed God saying to me: Come to me...Come and sit at my feet. I never tire of being with you. All the worries, all the concerns, I am forever present. All of this is for you. Love extravagantly!
This week, I lost a friend and sister who went to be with Jesus. At the same time, I received a brother--a lost brother of 26 years. As I've been "taking it all in" the past couple of days, I am seeing how God is the giver of life. He doesn't do things half-heartedly. His heart is always for us. There is a song that I can't seem to get out of my head...

You hold my every moment. You calm my raging sea.
You walk with me through fire. You heal all my disease.
I trust in You. I trust in You.
I believe that You're my Healer. I believe that You are all I need.
I believe that You're my fortress. I believe You're more than enough for me.
Jesus, You're all I need.

Oftentimes, it is easy for me to think that Jesus has forgotten. But then he whispers...turn around, Hellen. See what I am doing. Look! I have not forgotten you. I use everything. I waste nothing. My friend, Leah, believed that she would be healed from her cancer. And even though she passed away here on earth, she was healed!!! My brother believed that his heart would be healed and so would his father's heart--the one he never met. And guess what? God is healing it! With Papa it's always Yes and Amen! So bless you, beloved!

0 comments: